Saturday, January 19, 2008

new bags




The weather has been miserable lately, cold and wet, then steamy hot and wet, which has meant boring times inside.
I can't show any knitting at the moment because all I've been working on is a bag for the Ravelry bag swap and just in case the person I'm going to spoil wanders this way, I'm not going to be posting any pics.
Once it is done and gone I'll post with pics and a brief recipe. It is a pattern I've been thinking about for a while, not the super bag, but a simple version and so far so good.

In other crafting news I've been working on the kids' library bags for this year, doing a range of different kiddy style motifs. They are washable, calico and strong and we have about 40-odd bags waiting for designs to sell at the craft market.

So if anyone can think of cute motifs that are simple to draw comment away. The idea is that the drawings look like the kids themselves have done them and we can easily add the child's name to the bag.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe a farm animal. Ummm, I don't know...perhaps a Black sheep!!

TinkingBell said...

Sailors (no, not that sort!!) Cars, cats and dogs, rainbows, fairies and dinosaurs, cows and giraffes, houses and monsters - rockets and aliens, princesses, mermaids, fish and echidnas (These were in the last pile of drawing the kids did!)

jp said...

Stick figure sports motifs are always a hit...something like this (not animated obviously).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkayjBXkCbI&feature=related